The Spring 2015 ACES program took place on May 9th, 2015! Experiments were all new and included the following activities:
- Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream - a delicious Non-Newtonian fluid!
- CSI: Mystery Powders - using chemistry to solve a crime!
- Gold Nanoparticles - students made their own nanoparticles and looked at them through a home-made spectrometer!
- Bottle Rockets - using science to determine the best recipe for a bottle rocket's flight!
- Chemiluminescence - What makes fireflies glow?
- Bouncy Balls - students tested several recipes for bouncy balls to find the best one!
Kids took home a bag with the ACES logo, several souvenirs from the experiment, a Certificate of Participation (with a list of practiced skills), and a lab notebook containing activities and take-home instructions!
Check out some of our photos from the day!