The sixth ACES program will take place on October 1st, 2016! Experiments will include:
- Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream - a delicious Non-Newtonian fluid!
- Atmospheric Gases - students will explore the amazing (and sometimes scary) properties of gases found in our atmosphere!
- The Spaghetti Challenge - students will compete in teams to make the tallest, strongest tower using a very specific set of materials!
- Magnetism - Students will learn about magnetic fields and make a magnetic material themselves!
- Invisible Power of Pressure - students will learn about pressure and momentum in this exciting activity.
- Vitamin Citrus - students will test several juices to determine their vitamin C content and test some other cool citrus properties as well!
Kids will take home a bag with the ACES logo, several souvenirs from the experiments, a Certificate of Participation (with a list of practiced skills), and a lab notebook containing activities and take-home instructions!
Exciting demonstrations will take place at the start and closing of the program. Snacks will be provided for both students and parents. Registration for this program opens on September 15, 2016. Register early to guarantee your spot!