The fifth ACES program took place on May 21st, 2016! Experiments included:
- Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream - a delicious Non-Newtonian fluid!
- Atmospheric Gases - students explored the amazing (and sometimes scary) properties of gases found in our atmosphere!
- The Spaghetti Challenge - students competed in teams to make the tallest, strongest tower using a very specific set of materials!
- Magnetism - Students learned about magnetic fields and made a magnetic material themselves!
- Invisible Power of Pressure - students learned about pressure and momentum in this exciting activity.
- Vitamin Citrus - students tested several juices to determine their vitamin C content as well as tested some other cool citrus properties!
Kids took home a bag with the ACES logo, several souvenirs from the experiments, a Certificate of Participation (with a list of practiced skills), and a lab notebook containing activities and take-home instructions!
Check out some of our photos from the day!